Vacancy Announcement: Project Assistant – Part Time Position (6 months)
Project Assistant – Part Time Position (6 months)
Global Education Unit
Join us at the Global Education Unit of Future Worlds Center!
Future Worlds Center is an incubator of social entrepreneurs who envision, design, and implement projects that promote the culture of co-existence, human rights, and peace. Our mission is to enable people to re-think and re-solve social challenges, both on the local and the European level. Our actions are positioned right at the edge of where social change can happen. FWC is an organization in which ideas, projects, methodologies, and people are interconnected.
Future Worlds Center has four operating units: the Global Education Unit, Humanitarian Affairs Unit,Futures Design Unit and the New Media Lab.
The Project Assistant will be required to support the day-to-day activities ofGEU’s current projects, contributing to meeting key objectives and deliverables.
Specifically,the Project Assistant will have the following key responsibilities:
- Work on the implementation of GEU’s current projects, with a specific focus on the projects focusing on democracy, youth engagement, global education and global development;
- Assisting in the organisation of events, project campaigns, the submission of narrative and financial reports, and general administrative duties;
- Assist towards the efficient operation of daily activities and the implementation project activities;
- Assist with the implementation of international workshops and events;
- Organise local workshops,trainings and public events;
- Work towards the sustainability of the Unit, seeking new funding opportunities;
- Developing awareness, and promoting the projects of the Unit through online digital resources to community groups, individuals, schools, NGOs, international and European organisations and a wider audience.
RequiredSkills and Qualifications
- University degree in either social sciences, human rights, peace studies, international relations, development studies, cultural studies or related;
- Strong communication and presentation skills;
- Self-motivation and a desire to work collaboratively;
- Excellent administrative skills;
- Excellent ability to manage own time effectively to agreed deadlines, in a multi-task environment;
- Excellent written and oral communication skills in English and Greek, knowledge of an additional language would be an asset;
- Previous experience in organising seminars/workshops;
- Proficient in the use ofMicrosoft Office Tools©, as well as in using and managing email and social media platforms.
- Experience in working with youth or/and on youth projects;
- Experience in working on international development/development education projects;
- Work experience in multi-cultural, multi-national context.
Deadline for Applications: 18th of June 2015. Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.